Historie
1869 to 1914


The beginnings of the museum date back to 1869. In this year, a society founded in 1868 to preserve the history of Lake Constance and the surrounding area opened its collections to the public. This was the first founding of a museum on Lake Constance – before the Rosgarten Museum in Constance, the Museum of Natural Produce in Ravensburg, and the art collections in Lindau. In 1912 the presentation was inaugurated as the Bodenseemuseum (Museum of Lake Constance) on the premises of the “Kreuzlinger Hof”. A year later, a Zeppelin Cabinet was added to the permanent exhibition.


Erfahren Sie mehr


1869 bis 1914
1914 bis 1945
Von 1945 bis 1985
Die Geschichte des Museums bis 2009
Die Neugestaltung des Museums 2009-2014
Eine Museumsgeschichte